GSO Auto Miner
2GSO Auto Miner
Prefab Name: GSO_Autominer_324
Health Points: 8000
|The GSO Auto Miner can be anchored on top of patches of ground that are rich in Carbite, Oleite, Rodite, Erudite, Ignite & Celestite. The Auto Miner will then commence drilling and extract the subterranean ore to be harvested.|
It has 6 attachment point(s) and takes up 15 cell(s).
Usage[edit | edit source]
Since the surface seams/Outcrops of all the listed resources can only provide them in very small quantities, Auto Miners are used are used to extract them. Once placed over a seam, the animation will play and a resource chunk is extracted for every 30 seconds. It is possible to place more than one of them over a seam, as each resource seam has 1000 chunks, so therefore more Auto Miners will drain them at a higher rate.
If out of rendering distance of around 5 KM, the Auto Miner stops working. However, it will still keep track of it's production. When it enters rendering distance again it will pay out the chunks at an accelerated rate of 1 per 10 seconds.
It is useful for extracting expensive resources, such as Erudite, early game, and the player can then refine and sell them en masse and earn a lot of money. The usage changes to utility instead of commercial as the game advances, where more resources should be hoarded instead as they could find a use in crafting.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The GSO Auto Miner is presented to the player as part of Crafty Business IV.
- It resembles a modern-day ground-based oil drill, but is much smaller. Coincidently, it can extract Oleite, the game's equivalent for Petroleum.
- The most time efficient way to mine underground resource seams is to place four Auto Miners on every seam. This is possible by placing them all in a spiral rotation as ZeroGravitas explains in his video at 18:35. However, this is still impossible to apply everywhere save for the Salt Flats.
- It has an absurdly high amount of health for the materials required to craft it.
- Some resource seams can generate in odd positions, making usage of this block difficult if not outright impossible.
- It is not affected by the GSO Pacemaker.
- This block is unavailable in co-op campaign.
- The exit nozzle resembles that of the GSO Fabricator.
- Whenever it produces a resource chunk, it produces a chime.
- This output audio is also shared with Refineries, Fabricators, Component Factories and Scrappers.